Thursday, February 04, 2010

Blog Aid 2010: Haiti

I follow A LOT of foodie blogs, hardly a day does not go by that I don't catch up on all my favorites. I will drop what I am doing and be whisked away to a kitchen across the country or across the world and see what they have cooked, baked or mixed. I LOVE it these days. I feel as if I am discovering this underground culture, a group of peers all talented and incredibly passionate about food, writing and which creates this strong community that supports its self. I aspire to reach the level of beauty and creativity that many of these people/sites produce.
This was in network proved to be strong and thoughtful with the amazing feat of creating a beautiful cookbook in three weeks with the proceeds going to Haiti. Julie Van Rosendall from Dinner with Julie is the brain child behind it all. It was released last night and this morning, I had to support such an effort and such a worthy cause. It is the least I can do. ALL of the proceeds from the cookbook will go directly to the Red Cross and Doctor’s Without Borders to assist in their efforts in Haiti. But it gets better: Both West Canadian Printing AND Blurb are matching the dollar amount of the proceeds raised, to TRIPLE those dollars going to Haiti. AND until February 12th, the Canadian government will match that!!!! So, we have the potential to raise quite a bit of money here.
It’s a POD (print-on-demand) system, meaning the books are printed and shipped as they’re ordered and arrive at your doorstep in about 8 days. You can purchase yours in softcover ($25US) HERE or as a hardcover ($50US) HERE.
For more on the book, including a complete list of contributors, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....